Why Fractional Ownership?
The financial argument for developers
Fractional Ownership systems from Fractional Property Solutions provide developers with the potential for new growth and extra profits without the stigma of Timeshare.
Making Fractional Ownership part of your marketing mix is a less expensive option and obvious solution to help SELL YOUR INVENTORY FASTER.
- Provide HIGHER PROFITS PER UNIT than outright sales
- Allow access to a LARGER MARKET WITH UNTAPPED POTENTIAL
- Provide a VIABLE ALTERNATIVE TO OUTRIGHT SALES
- Help CREATE A BUSY ALL-YEAR-ROUND RESORT – because fractional owners USE their properties, WHICH MEANS
- Increased potential for EXTRA OPERATING PROFITS through increased F&B, rental and resort management services due to increased occupancy levels
The sales argument for purchasers
If your sales teams are looking at reasons why their prospects ought to be excited by Fractional, it’s really quite simple…
- A LOWER COST “entry-level” purchase as opposed to outright ownership (why not use Fractional as a “drop sell” from a failing outright ownership sales pitch?)
- The ENVIRONMENTAL credentials (see below)
- Potential ASSET APPRECIATION through OWNERSHIP
- Generate INCOME from rentals
- Give easy access to an AFFORDABLE HIGH QUALITY HOLIDAY HOME
- MIMINAL RUNNING COSTS as they are equally shared with the other owners
- Low maintenance ownership as the property and the resort are PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED
The environmental argument
The Sharing Economy, Collaborative Consumption, call it what you will, but the environmental credentials of Fractional Ownership are clear…
The maximum utilisation of raw materials and assets through efficient models of redistribution and shared access.
By co-owning the property, each owner will seek to maximise their allocated usage thus massively increasing the occupancy rate and making the asset useful for longer periods each year. A much better use of resources than to have it sitting empty for three quarters of the year. Plus, as detailed above, higher occupancy can only be good for a resort’s other income streams.
As more and more potential holiday home owners become environmentally conscious it’s time to show them a guilt free, environmentally friendlier way to own a second home? And even better if your build incorporates other elements to support this argument such as:-
- Using recycled, sustainable and renewable materials in construction
- Energy-efficient windows and doors
- Using lower-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints and stains
- Constructing green roof systems (aka “plants on your roof”)
- Adding water harvesting and purification systems that don’t just manage, but also make the most use of rainfall
- Maximizing natural light, which cannot only save on lighting requirements (and subsequently energy costs), but also help keep buildings warm in colder months
- Using renewable energy to power the building—for example, installing a commercial solar panel system